Created in 1964, the African developing Bank (AfDB) could be the premier development that is pan-African
Position name: Knowledge Management Officer, BDEV3
Position N°: 50102222/ Discover More Here 50102223
Publication date: 02-Jul-2020
Closing date: 01-Aug-2020
Duty place: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION:
Organization, advertising growth that is economic social progress over the continent. You can find 81 user states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the economic and tech support team for transformative jobs that may considerably reduce poverty through comprehensive and sustainable financial development. So that you can sharply concentrate the goals regarding the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and guarantee greater developmental effect, five major areas (High 5s), tending to accelerate our distribution for Africa, are identified for scaling up, specifically illuminate and energy Africa; Feed Africa; Industrialize Africa; Integrate Africa; and increase the well being for anyone of Africa.
The Board of Directors provides oversight and strategic way to the African Development Bank Group. Its consists of Executive Directors who will be representatives regarding the African developing Bank user nations. Particularly the Board is in charge of the conduct associated with the basic operations regarding the Bank, and carries down the next functions: (1) determine the typical framework of this Bank’s solutions; (2) accept the financing policy and just simply take choices concerning loans, guarantees, equity assets and investment loans because of the financial institution; (3) determine the attention prices of loans and guarantee commissions; (4) approve the Bank’s operations system and administrative budget; (5) prepare the job of this Board of Governors; and (6) submit records and yearly reports, plus the administrative spending plans for the approval associated with the Board of Governors. The Board does its sort out a few permanent Committees that review and reveal policy and system documents while making appropriate tips into the entire Board. The Independent Development Evaluation (BDEV); Compliance Review and Mediation device (BCRM); Secretariat towards the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR) are accountable to the Board.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The overarching objective regarding the African Development Bank’s Independent Development Evaluation (BDEV) will be improve the development effectiveness of this Bank with its local user nations through separate and influential evaluations, oversight over self-evaluation procedures and items, and proactive engagement in assessment partnerships and knowledge-sharing tasks. The core mandate of BDEV is always to conduct separate assessment studies, offer appropriate lessons, develop and harmonize criteria and techniques, support assessment ability development along with partner agencies and attest to your credibility of both procedures as well as the results of African developing Bank’s self-evaluation tasks. BDEV additionally collaborates and exchanges information with bilateral and development that is multilateral’ evaluation departments, and undertakes joint assessment of co-financed tasks and programs.
BDEV has three divisions; BDEV1, BDEV2 and BDEV3. BDEV1 and BDEV2 divisions give attention to undertaking evaluations. BDEV3, the information Management, Outreach, and ability developing Division, is in charge of knowledge management, dissemination and activities that are outreach IDEV evaluations, as well as giving support to the growth of assessment capabilities in both the lender as well as in its Regional Member nations.
The key goal associated with the Knowledge Management Officer place would be to offer support to assessment groups in fostering engagement with stakeholders through the entire assessment procedure, as well as on retrieving, compiling and presenting knowledge that is evaluative means that are helpful for fulfilling different knowledge requirements.
Duties and duties
Underneath the guidance and guidance of this Division Manager BDEV3 the Evaluation Officer will:
- Work closely with all the Principal Knowledge Management Officer, Senior Knowledge Management Officer and assessment groups in the utilization of IDEV stakeholder engagement techniques;
- Work closely with assessment task supervisors and groups through the assessment procedure to aid the retrieval, compilation and sharing of real information in methods which are tuned in to consumers’ needs;
- Identify appropriate resources of assessment knowledge along with other information and extract, compile, analyse and provide this to be used within the planning of assessment reports, presentations, as well as other knowledge and interaction items;
- Help assessment, knowledge administration and dissemination tasks (such as for example conferences, missions, activities) carried out by expert staff and/or consultants and participates during these tasks as needed;
- Identify and contact internal and sources being outside other stakeholders to look for required information;
- Consolidate, categorize and keep history information and documents on appropriate problems, developing associated databases and information systems and upgrading them correctly;
- Make sure that a precise review path is maintained of most stakeholder engagement and therefore all connections and activities are recorded in a stakeholder database;
- Perform other duties as may arise.
- Holds at the very least a Master’s level (or comparable) in Communications, pr, advertising, Social Sciences, Policy research, or relevant field.
- At the least four (4) years experience that is in development businesses.
- Comprehension of assessment procedures
- Capability to recover, package and information that is present into the requirements regarding the client/audience
- Power to communicate effortlessly orally plus in composing
- Knowledge or experience employed in knowledge administration or interaction
- Expertise in participatory approaches and stakeholder engagement
- Experience with outreach activities.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Focus on information.
- Demonstrable power to work collaboratively as a specialist, strong team player by having a respect for other individuals plus the ethical demands regarding the work.
- Power to communicate efficiently (written and dental) in English or French, ideally with a working familiarity with the other. Proficiency in both English and French is desirable.
- Competence into the usage of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, succeed, Access and Power Point); familiarity with integrated document management system and/or online interaction networks can be a additional advantage.